Ah, you found the secret area. Nice one!
I'm torn about this bit being in, I love a good ego boost as much as the next man, but,
bragging isn't really the most attractive of traits.
Well, in this world of tough competition, it's got to go in so here
it is, and anyway - it's not like I've fixed world hunger, it's just a bunch of random things!
Through the small number of years I've been wandering round I've chased a whole bunch of different goals,
and out of them, one has remained constant: to be (at minimum) better than average at everything I do.
If you think about it, it's probably not really that uncommon, in fact it's probably one of the most common
aims throughout humanity! So, here are a few of the things in which I feel I've been most successfull:
- TARGET RIFLE: (basically being a sniper), I've shot for the UK on three international tours, captained one and coached for all 3. In the end I peaked at around number 40 in the world!
- ROWING: I became the Scottish Junior doubls champion with a guy called Daniel, we'd only trained together once!
- SNOWBOARDING: I became a level 3 NZ instructor and even considered it as a career path before my shoulder decided it didn't like being in it's socet too much, that was an end to that!
- VISA: Bit of a random one, this wasn't really my aim but at the time our marrige petition went through my wife and I had the fastest approval on record for the USA!
- ANIMATION: While at university I started submitting to the 11 Second club and managed to get to 51st place (considering this is against the guys who work at Pixar and Dreamworks, I felt pretty good!) Oh yeah, out of about 200, so, better than average!
- ILLUSTRATION: I have submitted quite a few designs to Threadless.com and peaked at 3.5 out of 5, I know that doesn't sound too high but trust me, that's good! The communty average was 1.92, and for professionals: 2.27
- GUITAR: I've alwayse enjoyed playing, acoustic / electric / 12 string / anything, usually in privet. But once, I ended up on stage leading a professional jazz band with an improvised solo in what was probablly the most firghtning experiance of my life, you see, I was tricked into it!
I'm now working on adding Chess and Golf to that list, wish me luck!